Monday, September 27, 2010

Fun times with the kids

With the school holidays upon us again (honestly it doesnt seem like a day ago since they went back after the last holidays!!!) we have been having some fun times together just hanging out at the local park and school. Here are a few of the LOs that I have made using some of the fun photos that I have taken.

These two LO used up some of my vast collection of Sassafrass Lass papers and embellies. I live the bright colours and the cute quirky little add-ons. I find that they co-ordinate well with another favourite collection of mine - October Afternoons 'Fly a Kite' range. To use up a lot of my photos on each LO I printed them at 3x4" size and arranged them in a fun way. The results really create the carefree, fun atmosphere that I was trying to convey.

At 19 months old Benji is obsessed with trains. He plays with little else and wants to wear his Thomas the tank Engine t-shirt and shoes everywhere. These photos show him playing happily at his Oma and Opas house with his Thomas mat and some of his favourite trains and cars. When I saw the new Basic Grey 'Oliver' collection which is made for train-mad little boys I just had to have it all. The above LO is the first one that I have made using the Oliver papers. Thewooden vine is from Kaisercraft. I painted it with Tim Holtz crackle paint and used metallic rub-ons to age it. The result is a very boyish layout with a touch of softness about it to reflect how tiny and sweet our little train enthusiast really is :) Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Blog Archive