Thursday, October 7, 2010

School holiday trip to Rotarua



We just got home from a few days in Rotarua. We took the whole family plus the older boys girlfriends. We hired a minivan so that we could all travel together and we had an absolute blast! Natalie celebrated her 14th birthday whilst we were down there and we used that as an excuse to go horse riding together. i came home with a stack of gorgeous photos to scrap. I think that I'm going to have to do a mini album to make much of a dent in the pile but here are a couple of LOs that I managed to do with some of my favourite shots.
The first LO uses October Afternoon's new collection "Seaside". I am totally in love with the blues and greens and all the vintage imagery in these papers. I used old chipboard letters as masks to spray the background and leave the word 'love' uninked. I used an idea from Creating Keepsakes magazine to make the rosette.
The second LO uses up scraps from my Sassafrass paper collection. I love the main photo of little Benji enjoying his first ever icecream cone and the bright colours and images were a perfect match. The machine stitching ties it all together.
The final LO showcases photos of Benji in the bath.  I have several bath time LOs so I used these photos to tell the story of his nickname and how he got it. I made the fabric yoyo flower using a cheap template that I picked up from Spotlight. The papers are mainly Echo Park and October Afternoon. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

all three layouts are awesome Sarah ... and you just make them all look, so right ... with your choice of papers, colours and embellishments ...

{Colleen} said...

Gorgeous layouts! Love the little extras.

Blog Archive