Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Opening Night

Here is my take on theis weeks sketchy Thursdays challenge. Last week my son and daughter took part in the Westlake Schools production of 'Guys and Dolls'. Adam had a main role and Natalie danced in the chorus. The show was amazing and I was very proud of both my kids! When I turned up on opening night I almost didn't recognise Natalie. She looked so grown up with all her stage make-up and she took my breath away. It made me realise how quickly my little girl is growing up and how I need to really cherish each moment because in the blink of and eye she will be leaving home to have a family of her own.
The colours that I used are this weeks Colour Combos Galore colour scheme - I added a bit of teal to the layout because it seemed to match Natalie's dress so well.

6 comments:

corrie said...

Beautiful page. Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeee the flowers and the chandelier! Thanks soooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Piglet said...

This is SOOO beautiful! Another great and inspiring layout from you! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

Anne Pennington said...

Sarah - this is gorgeous - I hope we both make the faves this week!!!

Diana Fisher said...

Fabulous page and I love that flower in the corner. Love it! :)

Mrs Frizz said...

oh wow Sarah - fab-u-lous ... doesn't take long for them to grow up does ... and as you said ... in the blink of an eye ...

Blog Archive