Friday, August 5, 2011

Sassafrass August challenge

This months challenge for Sassarfass is to create a LO using at least 3 different sassafrass letter collections. This is a great way to use up some of those half used letters that we all have in our stash. I made the background of my LO by spraying two colours of blue ink onto white cardstock and covering it whilst wet with glad wrap. I gently scrunched the glad wrap around into the wet ink to form a water-like effect. Then I let the ink dry completely before removing the plastic (this requires patience!!!). To get the bubble effect I dipped bubble wrap in white gesso and ransomly stamped over my page. A few strips of paper, some buttons and ofcourse those alphas completed the LO. The photos were taken in Rotarua. we had a spa in our motel room and Sophie and Benji spent hours in the warm water each evening! They looked so cue wrapped up in a towel with their rosy cheeks and wet hair. Sophie's spontaneous kiss for her baby brother was the icing on the cake!

No comments:

Blog Archive