Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Little Cutie!


I have been thinking a lot about my little man this week. He started afternoon kindy on Monday and it made me realise how quickly he is growing up :( I thought that he would easily settle into kindy as he is so friendly and easy going. I stayedwith him for the first session on Monday then yesterday I decided o leave him for the last hour and see how he went. I explained that I was going to pick up Sophie from school and would be back soon with her to pick him up. He could play at the kindy until I got back. He seemed OK with the idea and even happily hugged me goodbye. When I returned an hour later I found him curled up on a chair in the corner of the room crying. he flung himself on me sobbing 'I thought you had forgotten me mummy'. Well that just about broke my heart - although his kindy teacher said that he had been mostly happy whilst I was gone. I'm glad today is a public holiday here in NZ - we both need one I think!
Anyway, I took these photos a couple of days ago. I was just about to remove the dirt/food around his mouth on photoshop when I stopped - this is exacly what he looks like right now and why did I want to change that? The photo is perfect to me just the way it is. I love the challenge this month at 'White with one' - it is to scrap a page using only white and grey with tags or tabs. Now this is so far outside my comfort zone that I was intrigued to give it a go and I love the result. the greys really make the blue of his eye 'pop' and bring out the colour in the photos. I am hoping that the date card and journaling label count as 'tags'. I will definitely be trying this very neutral colour scheme again! - Oh and this is the first LO that I have done in ages with no ink splatters! I thought that the gorgeous MME woodgrain paper was interesting enough just as it was.

7 comments:

Just Els.... said...

What a lovely page....Was sad reading about kindy... brought back memories....nothing changes really...Loved the colour on this page. Your so so cleaver. should be teaching !!!!!!!

Kel said...

You are so inspiring Sar..........keep your blog busy :)

Lauren T said...

Wonderful design composition. I like the florishes you use.

Unknown said...

Wow, he really is a cutie!! Looove his pretty blue eyes. That color scheme looks amazing, you really rocked it! Your story made me a bit sad, it's so hard to leave your child with someone else, isn't it?

Laura said...

Oh those eyes! What a handsome little chap!
Great layout, and you're right the greys further bring out the little mans eyes. Stunning.

Mrs Frizz said...

that was a wee tear jerker Sarah ... can't be believe he is a big kindy boy already - time flies.

Paula said...

Awww...don't they know we could never forget them! I feel for you, my daughter cried every day of kindy. Lovely layout & such sweet photos.

Blog Archive