Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Check out the new Challenge at Frosted Designs



Here is my DT take on the new challenge sketch at Frosted designs. This is a great sketch to highlight that one special photo that you have waiting to be scrapped. This photo is one of my all time favs. Benji had just woken up and was having his 'good morning' cuddle with Natalie (who had also just woken up - hence the hair lol). Although these sorts of sweet moments happen often, it is not often that I have a camera ready to record them. I stuck  tissue paper to my background cardstock using mod-podge and made sure to incorporate lots of wrinkles and creases into the tissue. When it was dry I dry brushed over it with gesso and messily stitched around the perimeter. To add a little extra interest to the bland blue tissue design I used my crafters workshop 'chicken wire' mask and sprayed over it using brown spray ink. The rest of my papers are October Afternoon and the cute charms are from Bo Bunny. I handmade the pink polka-dot flower by folding 4 small and 4 larger circles into quarters and layering them into the flower shape before adding a small paper flower and brad to the centre. You can use this tecnique to make cool fabric flowers too. I punched three heart shapes, splattered them with brown ink and 'hung' them from bakers twine to make the banner element.
Check out the other DT takes on this sketch here. There are some amazing pages! If you want and end-of-month challenge try this one out yourself. There are some really great prizes up for grabs :)

4 comments:

Lauren T said...

I really like the tissue paper effect. Adorable photo.

Lizzy Hill said...

It is a sweet photo....wonder if Natalie minds being seen like this???!!!! LOVE that flower - you do some great ideas for them & the heart banner is a fave, too. We've been booking holidays...haven't been in the scrap room for a whole day. Eeek!!!

Lynn said...

I'm just in awe of your designs. This is just stunning work. I love all your details.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow!!! This is STUNNING!!! Very creative and AWESOME layout!!!

Blog Archive