Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Smile!


I rarely scraplift others' designs but as I was leafing through one of my recent scrapbook magazine purchases I came across a LO by Raquelle Pert. The design of her page just spoke to me and I immediately thought of these photos from Sophie's cross country race last week. I loved the way that Raquelle had framed her page with patterned paper then clustered her photos in the upper left corner.
The papers that I chose for this page are from October Afternoon's Sassparilla collection. This is one of the most versatile OA collection that I have come across (and I love them ALL). I nearly passed over it as it has a Western theme, but the papers (especially the 'b' sides) are so versatile that I have used them for all types of pages from Teen boys to little girls!
I sprayed my background using a laser cut paper as a mask. The ink that I used is an OA 'Sprinkler' so it matches the paper colours completely. I framed my main photo with another of my Heidi Swapp 'Polaroid' frames (Hmmm I will need more of these soon too!). The rub-ons and stickers come with the frames as a set - so cooooool!!!
Anyway, I had a lot of fun clustering my elements and adding a long title. The word 'Smile' is the current 'Bird is the Word' challenge word so I have entered this page into that challenge :) (Incase anyone is wondering that cute chippie sunflower is part of the Prima 'Sun Kissed' collection).

5 comments:

Kel said...

Love this page, I am also a huge fan of OA...I have some new 9-5 to play with- cant wait!

Lauren T said...

Great design, I can see why you wanted to lift it. I like the background misting.

Keren Tamir said...

beautiful layout!! love the patterned paper!! thanks for joining us at BITW

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

I love your page composition. Very innovative!

Marilyn said...

Fabulous page and design! Thanks for playing at BITW!

Blog Archive