Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cool New Challenge up at 'Stuck' Sketches



The mid-month challenge is up at 'Stuck' Sketches. Here is my take on it for the Stuck Design Team. This is a really good sketch to have a go at because it is so simple and open to individual interpretation (I love that - cuz most of my designs don't look much like the original sketch anyway lol)
I had just got my hands on the new October Afternoon 9 to 5 collecton when I did this page. It is one of my favourite OA releases and although it is an office themed line it really matches with almost any theme and is especially good for 'boy' pages. This photo of Chris and Benji was taken at an 18th birthday party at which the theme was 'Garden Creatures'. Chris was a 'garden gnome' and Benji was a pixie (can you see his cute little wings?). Photos like this of my eldest and youngest captured together always make me a little emotional - and more than a little proud.
I enlarged the photo to 5 x 8" to really make it the focus of the page and I used the papers and stickers to complement the photo. A little red spray ink and a splash of red on the letters really helped to tie everything together.

1 comment:

Lizzy Hill said...

They both look really gorgeous boys...you ought to be proud!!! I like that black strip with the circles cut out....great idea!

Blog Archive