Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Ouch Poor Baby!


The new sketch for the month is up over at Purple Pumpkin. I did my DT take on this before I left for the UK and here it is. Poor little Benji had a black eye on these photos but he looks so cute and sorry for himself that I wanted to use them. Scrapping is about preserving all our memories not just the happy, smily ones.
Anyway, I used my Dylusions masks and spray inks to make the background effect and lots of messy machine stitching (one of my favourite techniques). The crocheted doily, the vinal flower, the hessian flower and the Polka dot fabric button are all from Purple Pumpkin. I really love the PP doilies. They come in all colours to match almost any LO. I made the bakers twine spiral flower centres by punching out a cardstock circle and running it through my xyron sticker maker to make it sticky. Then I coiled the bakers twine tightly around itself to cover the entire circle. The PP bakers twine also comes in a rainbow of colours to match any page.
The rest of my papers are from October Afternoon's 'Sassparilla' range.
Do head over to Purple Pumpkin and try out this challenge yourself. It is a great sketch and there are lots of great prizes to be won.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SO cute- even with his owie :). Love the grungy background, distressing and shots of red- beautiful work!!
xErin

Blog Archive