Thursday, August 16, 2012

Olympic London and a new challenge over at Stuck?!





If you like a good sketch challenge check out this one at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge. Can you see the sketch in my layout ?? I know its difficult but it is there honest! I turned the sketch on its side, added my 3 square photos then completely lost the plot and ended up creating something completely different from what I had in mind! I like the result though - it creates exactly the 'English' atmosphere that I wanted to record my photos of london in the middle of preparing for the Olympics. Although we left before the games began and i am not really a sports fan, we couldn't help but get caught up in the excitememt and anticipation that was running through the city at that time. As a British girl at heart it made me feel very proud of my birth country.
These awesome papers are from Ruby Rocket's Nostalgia line (I found them at my local Spotlight Store). The colour scheme couldn't be more 'British'! I used a craft knife to partially cut the pennants on my banner so i could lift them and slip the blue paper rectangle underneath them. Most of my embellishments were cut from the patterned paper. The London Underground tin pin is actually a badge that I bought in a London souvenir shop. I added a few more circle elements by stamping with black acrylic paint and a drinking glass (or two).
Thanks for visiting my blog - do check out the reveal at AFSC as the other DT members have done  some amazing pages to inspire you.

My second page is based on the new reveal at 'Stuck?!' Sketches:

This is such a cool sketch - especially if, like me, you love multi-photo pages. This time I stuck a little more closely to the sketch design. The photos are also taken from our recent trip (I have a feeling that you are going to see alot of travel pages over the next few months - I took over 3000 photos!) These pictures are of our first day in  amazing San francisco. I distressed, stamped, layered and inked my background before adding my photos and embellishments. I used a lot of items from October Afternoon's 9 to 5 collection on this page, The cute airoplane die-cut is from Kaisercraft and the wooden air-mail letter is 'Prima' (so cute!). I added my journaling in strip form so that I could type it and fit more onto my page! I always find that I struggle to leave enough room for what I want to say. adding the story to the back of my page is a last resort because I like the words to be right there amongst the photos sharing the limelight!
Anyway, hop over to Stuck and check out thos reveal. There are some great pages from the other DT members to drool over. Oh, and while you're there don't forget to check out the amazing blog hop with 13, yes THIRTEEN prizes to be won!!!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great layout and love your flag banner. I can definatley see the sketch in your layout and its awesome turned on its side!

Mitralee said...

Rock on!!! Love you AFSC page and that cool paper!!! And love San Fran!!!!

Unknown said...

wow, awesome layouts!! Love all the texture and there i so much to look at!
xoxo

Lizzy Hill said...

Only 3,000 photos???!!!! EEEEKKKKK!!! That would take some sorting out! LOVE both these - very similar, the sketches I mean, in a way...Love what you've done- that plane is brilliant & those English colours are great...like the banner up top, too:):):)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

More awesomeness!!! Love these so much too!

Blog Archive