Friday, August 17, 2012

Scrap Africa Challenge



A few weeks ago I won a challenge over at Scrap Africa and was invited to be a guest designer for this reveal. The quote above has to be the theme of your page - it doesn't have to be the title but your page must relate to it in some way. How fun is that? It really made me think - then I realised I had the perfect photo for the challenge. 
When we were returning home from our trip to LA we were delayed at LA airport for 24 hours. All that United airline provided for us was a blanket and a mini-pillow. Apparently there were no hotels available so we (and all the other 300+ passengers) had to sleep on the floor of the transit lounge. Oh, and we got $30 worth of McDonalds vouchers! Well, our kids were troupers! instead of complaining and whinging they settled in for an extra day of vacation - playing cards, board games and reading on the airport floor. They had such a lot of fun together (as you can see in the photo that I took). It was a real lesson to us adults about making the most of every, single moment. As long as everyone is safe and well there is usually an silver lining to whatever life throws at you.
The paper that I used is from the Amy Tan 'Sketchbook' line which I am totally in love with at the moment. I added some scrapware chipboard and October Afternoon brads and stickers. I loved the quote so much that I wanted to use it as the title to my page - that meant a lot of letters! I mixed up my alphas and used up some letters that I had been hoarding for a long time :)
Thanks for visiting my blog and do go over to see the reveal at Scrap Africa. This is a very fun challenge - and a little unusual (thats gotta be good hasn't it?)

3 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

LOVE this! What a great quote! This is such a fun layout - love the vibe. Awesome work as always!!!! :D

Lizzy Hill said...

What a PERFECT opportunity to use snaps from this time....& it's great, as usual...love the colour combo here:):):)

Adri du Preez said...

Wow, what a stunning layout and perfect photo, a great reflection of a good day. Love the way you used the quote!!

Blog Archive