Monday, March 18, 2013

Love that Smile


This photo has been on my 'to do' list since Benjis birthday. Each year I take a photo of him with his special teddy bear (who he calls Benji bear) to see how much he has grown. This is his 4-year photo. Hard to believe that when we brought him home from the hospital the bear was bigger than he was!
Here is a photo incase you don't believe me lol :)


How cute is that. Makes me wish for just one more day with him as a tiny baby (sigh!) Its so hard being a parent some days. On one hand you are so proud of all that they have achieved and the awesome little people that they have become and on the other you want to just hang on to their babyhood for ever!
Anyway, enough reminiscing. I used the current CSI criteria for this one.

 From the evidence list I used jewels, stripes (if all the arrows count) and tags. I journaled on a big tag to fulfil the journaling criteria.
Most of my elements for this page came from the March Studio Calico Project Life kit. I love everything Studio Calico and all the little bits and pieces that come with their kits and add-ons are a dream come true for me! I have never subscribed to a kit before but this one seemed to be made just for me! Oh, and guess who downloaded a couple of new arrow cuts for my Silhouette? I went a little overboard trying them all out with this page, but they are all so cute I didn't want to leave any off the page!


The cute little camera is also Studio Calico. I inked it and painted it with dimensional magic to get this cool 'enammeled' effect.
Have a great week whrever you are:)

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I love all those arrows! You've made another awesome layout!

And your little boy is such a cutie! When he is older he will love the photos of him and his bear. I always took photos of my kids with their favorite toys too. Those toys are such a big part of children's lives. It's great that you've made layouts about them. What wonderful family memories!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is brilliant!!!! Love this, Sarah! Soooo cute!

Leanne said...

such a special idea!! Another gorgeous LO and a super cute photo!!

{Colleen} said...

What a fab idea. I have been meaning to capture pictures of our boys favourite teddies for layouts. Must do. Love how you used the arrows. I can see why you wanted to use them all. I agree the Studio Calico stuff looks great.

stéphanie said...

Very beautiful this layout !bravo !

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh my - that's such a gorgeous baby photo & I can TOTALLY understand the push pull of keeping them babies....just done a LO telling my 24 yo he'll always be my baby [LOL]....& those arrows....I have ordered a Silly Machine!! Should be here any day. Very Understanding DH said he'd buy it for my birthday. Very NOT Understanding un-DH reckons I have to wait for my BD before I can use it. So I will sit & stare at it for a MONTH....*sigh*...but I'll really appreciate it when I DO use it, won't I???!!!!! I'm joining the SILLY club:):):)

Wilma Voermans said...

This is so sweet! Love the layout! Did you never loose the bear inbetween those 4 years?

Blog Archive