Thursday, March 21, 2013

Love you and week 8,9,10 Project Life



 Here is my layout based on the current sketch at 'Sketchabilities'. All those heart were cryint out for a 'young love' type of page :) I took this photo of Jaime and Cindy on Valentines day. Jaime set fairylights through the trees in our garden and made a romantic camp fire. They toasted marsh mallows, drank a little champagne and slept under the stars. Ahhhh, so cute!
My background paper from 'Fabscraps' was perfect for this theme - It even had the stars in the deep blue sky! I ripped, distressed and sprayed (using masks that I made myself with my Cameo).
Check out this gorgeous piece od chipboard from 2Crafty:


I covered the vine with gold metallic rub-on paste and painted the hearts with pink distress paint. When they were dry I covered them with a coating of distress stickles and outlined them with a gel pen. The finished effect is hard to see in a photo but they really do sparkle and shine.
 
And, I am actually, finally up to date with my Project Life. Here are the last three spreads that I have completed. I am using up lots of my scraps to do these pages - as well as the Studio Calico monthly Project Life kits (which are awesome!).






Enjoy your day :)

13 comments:

Vicki said...

Aww that layout is just so cute - what a romantic thing to do. :). Love your PL pages.

Lizzy Hill said...

Clever you! Using your Cameo for bg misting:) LOVE the 'vine' with the hearts hanging from it- works perfectly along with the paper....I'm INTO it...sooo glad DH gave in to my 'sad dog' looks as I stroked my Cameo box...I mean, how could he resist!!!!! Soo excited; soooooooo FRUSTRATED.......soo much a learning curve:):):)

Leanne said...

What a sweet LO and your PL pages are looking amazing!

Lizzyc said...

Your first layout is fabulous.. love the big flourish and love the back ground misting.. and your PL is wonderful!

Heather McMahon said...

Awww, how romantic! I wish a few more blokes would read the journaling on your layout - they might get some good ideas!
Fabulous page yet again Sarah and love what you've done with the Project Life pages.

Cherished said...

Lovely page. I love the handwriting. It adds that personal touch. Thanks for joining us at Sketchabilities.

Rebecca Mosher said...

So many fun elements to this page, its absolutely gorgeous! Love how you took the hearts literally on the sketch, turned out beautifully. Thanks for joining the team at Sketchabilities!

Michelle said...

Your layout is wonderful! I love the rough edges on the paper. And I especially love the little hearts that seem to hanging from the scrollwork. Just like the lights! What a beautiful thing.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh what a wonderful layout and you are totally rocking the PL!!! You so rock!

Стокли said...

Your heart tree is gorgeous (I see it like a tree where hearts grow).
And your PL is SO different from other I see, so so many faces there! =)

Marit said...

Wonderful layout you have done, love love the hearts and flowers. Thanks for joining in at Sketchabilities.

Mrs Frizz said...

fabulous layout and just caught up on your Project Life ... go you!!!

Naiara said...

nice work!
I love the hearts!
thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities!

Blog Archive