Friday, June 21, 2013

Two little lambs



Have you checked out the mid-June challenge at 'Stuck Sketches' yet? Here is the sketch:


Isn't that a great one to interpret freely? I used a variety of masks and inks to customize my background. I replaced the flowers and swirls with doilies (cut on my Cameo) and washi tape. I took the photo of my girls on a recent trip to Rotarua. We attended a farm show and watched sheep being sheared. After the show (which the kids really loved) Sophie and Natalie found these cute little lambs in the souvenir shop. I was about to tell Sophie that we really didn't need any more soft toys in our house (we have a ratio of about 50 soft toys to each child!!!) when her big sister whipped out her wallet and bought them. The happy bliss written on their faces just had to be photographed!
Heere is a wee close-up of some of the details.


I hope that you have time to try out this challenge over the weekend. There are some cool prizes up for grabs!

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh lovely layout and I love the story behind the photo too.. the back ground details look wonderful!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Lovely.....the softness in the background looks really nice & those doilies...YUM!!!!!

Kimberly Kett said...

GORGEOUS! Love what you've done with the sketch!

Blog Archive