Friday, August 30, 2013

Flying High



 

I'm not sure how this one passed me by but I almost forgot about the Scrapfriends sketch challenge until it was too late!
Anyway, by the skin of my teeth here is my take on the awesome sketch above!.
My son and his lovely girlfriend recently celebrated their 3rd anniversary as a couple with a long weekend away together in Wellington. This is a plane ride away from where we live in Auckland and it was their first time on a plane together. I snapped this photo as I dropped them off at the domestic terminal to catch their flight. They were both so excited and happy. 
I sprayed my background chevrons using a Crafter's workshop mask and several colours of spray ink. I built up a stacked mat under my photo using patterned paper, a Crate Paper fabric polaroid frame and a couple of Cater Paper Transparencies. My tags and journaling card are from the Amy Tangerine Collection 'Yes Please' which I LOVE. 
I machine stitched the circle elements and added some stamped stitching along the chevrons. 


I added a 'Thicker's' title and some handwriten journaling to complete the page. Oh and do you see that Tim Holts negative transparency tape again? It really finishes off the page and adds a little more interest to the embellishments.  

Have a great weekend - can you believe tht it is September 1st on Sunday!!!

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Love the colours!!! and the chevrons!!

Lizzyc said...

This looks wonderful. great take on the sketch.. love all the layers under the photo!!

zenevak said...

Love the variation in colour of the chevrons. Gorgeous photo - they look so happy! Fabulous layout. Thank you for joining in the fun at Scrap Friends!

Kimberly Kett said...

FABULOUS!! I love that background!

Dolly B said...

Love the background work, beautiful layout
Mary

Blog Archive