Friday, September 6, 2013

Cute, Sweet, Adorable




Have you played along with our challenges at 1,2,3 Challenge blog yet? Here is my take on the current challenge for their design team. It was a lot of fun to do. Since the theme is so girlie I chose a photo of my beautiful daughters, all fresh faced and rosy cheeked after a morning ice skating. My papers are mainly Kaiseercraft 'Sweet Pea'. This collection is just gorgeous - definitely one of my all time favs from Kaisercraft.
I inked my background and applied texture paste through a mask in the area where my photo would be. I layered up some papers from my 6x6" patterned paper book to mat the photo (this is a great way to use thw smaller paper pads). I cut a doily with my Silhouette and also the seagulls. I love the look of layers so I layered my page over several contrasting patterned papers and tucked some die-cut edges between the layers. You don't have to use a whole sheet of paper to do this - simply gut the papers to make concentric  'frame' shapes then layer them at angles to each other.
Here are a coiple of close-ups:



Have a great weekend - and do have a go at this fun challenge for yourself if you ahve time to do a little creating!

4 comments:

Dolly B said...

Wow this is stunning, the colour really is striking , a beautiful layout, love everything about it
Mary

Lizzyc said...

This looks really lovely, that texture in the back ground is stunning!

Kimberly Kett said...

So pretty! I LOVE the colours and all those great little details!

Lizzy Hill said...

Na-naaa-na-naaaaa-na.....I TOUCHED this one....betcha not many other peeps can say THAT???!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're home.....thank GOODNESS!!!! The only thing I would've liked longer about our hol was my time with you!!!!! And your Natalie is an absolute gem. Great kid you've got going there:):)And YES...scheduled posts are pretty darn GOOD!!!! Anyways, I like that bg swirly work even more when I look at it here.....really lovely......

Blog Archive