Saturday, February 22, 2014

Just You and Me




Here is the newest challenge from CSI. Aren't the colours gorgeous - they remind me of gelato icecream and sprinkles (hence my page design!). I really love this photo of Natalie and I taken whilst we were waiting in the queue for the new flume ride at Rainbow Springs in Rotarua. I made a heart shaped mask by cutting freehand a heart shape out of a sheet of 12 x 12 cardstock. I layed the cardstock over my background paper then layered a chevron mask over that. I sprayed orange and pink ink through the masks and outlined the resultant heart shape with black gel pen.


I used my Amy Tangerine template to hand sew the chevron arrow :


I randomly sprinkled ink drops, confetti, acrylic dots and rub-on hearts around the page. Handwritten journaling and a title complete my page.


We would love to see you over at CSI this week - this is a really cool challenge and we have lots of cool prizes waiting to be won! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

This is simply sublime...LOOOVE your heart & I really like the way you've sewn the chevrons!!!! How clever!! And that bg paper??? Is it magazine pages covered in gesso or 'real' scrap paper????? Either ways, it looks fab:):)

Стокли said...

Nice fresh looking page - a bit different from your usuals style. I like it)

Michelle said...

I love how you used the pen. And yes...the colors ARE gorgeous! Beautiful layout!

Blog Archive