Monday, February 17, 2014

Say Cheese! - New challenge is up at 'Stuck?'




Here is the midmonth sketch at 'Stuck?' and my take on it for the DT. We have had a crazy busy couple of weeks with benji turning 5, having his last week at kindy and starting school today. I have not had much time to scrap - but on the plus side I have taken hundreds of photos - many of which I'm sure will be scrapped in the future :)
I flipped the sketch sideways with this page. I love this photo of benji with his crazy hair just fresh from the shower. This smile is his current  'default' pose when anyone points a camera at him. I went a bit crazy with my inks and texture paste on the background of this one - It matches his crazy hair anyway lol. 

I got this sunburst effect using a new 'Tim Holtz' mask and adding a little yellow spray ink to my texture paste. I have been having a lot of fun experimenting with adding colour to texture paste just recently. I matted the photo using some Studio Calico journaling cards that I had in my Project Life stash. 

The cute little flag is from an older October Afternoon collection. 
Hope that you have time to visit us at 'Stuck?' and look at the other DT members awesome pages. Don't forget that February is a short month so don't leave it too late to have a go at this one 'cause there are some great prizes up for grabs!

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Fabulous layout to match that fabulous photo!! love the hair and love that smile too.. and there is no such thing as too much color/masking on a back ground in my opinion!

Janice Nicholls said...

Love this Sarah... fabulous background work. Great photo!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous mixed media page, and I love the pic of your little man!

Blog Archive