Thursday, June 19, 2014

Cute as a Bug - GD for Kreative Koncepts colour challenge



I was lucky enough to win a recent challenge at Kreative Koncepts and was thrilled to be invited to guest design for this months colour challenge (along with my awesome buddy Lizzy Hill - love your page Lizzy!!!).
Here is the page that I made using the colour scheme - it was perfect for this photo that I snapped a few weeks ago at my little son's soccer game. He was taking a wee break to hae a well-earned drink. He looks so cute in his oversize socks and bright green boots.
I used various inks and masks to create the background. I hand-drew the circle element with a pencil then went over some of the lines in ink using the plastic tube from a bottle of spray ink as a pen - you have to keep dipping it into the bottle to re-ink but with a little patience you get this cool effect! I learned the technique from the amazing Heather McMahon's blog - thanks Heather!


The chipboard title is a 2Crafty product. The cute little ladybugs in the corner of my photo were originally attached to the title but I felt that they made the title too bulky for my page. The solution was to cute them apart from the words and adhere them elsewhere on the page to balance it out.


I used gelato pens to colour the ladybugs and liquid pearls for the dots.
My papers are from Kaisercraft's 'Limelight' collection.
Now hop accross to the Kreative Koncepts blog and check out this awesome challenge and the design teams fabulous takes on it.

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

That range of papers is what came into my head when I saw this color challenge too.. perfect for it I think.. and so is your photo.. love the greens and always love a circle on a page.. holds everything together.. and well done on your cover on SM too, I saw it at the newsagent today!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Awww....shucks, thanks ma friend!!! We are ROCKIN' it together this month...our side by side flouro's are in SBM, too...forgot to tell you that..!!! And cutting up the bugs works a treat...love their little dots on top, too:):) Man, I wouldn't have the patience for the spray tube circle....probably end up tipping the mist onto the page & trying to spread it round....LOL....might do that just for fun!!!! Sozzy...sidetracked......!!!

Blog Archive