Friday, June 20, 2014

Remember this Moment - Kreative Koncepts June sketch challenge



When I first saw this sketch at Kreative Koncepts I was intregued but not sure that I would be brave enough to try it myself. But I kept on thinking about it  - and today I was in the mood for a challenge so I bit the bullet and gave it a try.
I used spray inks to make the triangle shape in the background. I sprayed several colours in a vaguely triangular shape onto baking paper. Then I pressed my white cardstock sheet into the wet ink. It worked fairly well, but I needed to make the triangle shape more obvious so I masked off the background with paper scraps and sprayed lightly over the whole page. This left an effect that I was happy with.
I used strips of washi tape, random stamped images and chipboard circles to add interest and shape to my page.


The chipboard title is a Kaisercraft product and was the perfect sentiment for my page. I took the photo on my son Adam's 20th birthday. His brother Chris had given him the wooly jumper as a gift and we noticed that Chris's own jumper (which I had given to him as an Easter present ) was very similar. So the photo idea was born! I heat embossed the title with green embossing powder and inked the edges.


Thanks for visiting my blog and do check out this challenge at Kreative Koncepts. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I really like how you've 'created' your triangle..pretty clever...& adding those stamps & other 'interest' really makes it stand out! Lovely photo of your 'Big Boys'....nice memories to have!

zenevak said...

Fantastic layout. So happy that you gave the sketch a go - love how you have done the background...and you have such beautiful children (as seen in all your layouts). Thank you for joining us at Kreative Koncepts.

Blog Archive