Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Leap of Faith - Kreative Koncepts sketch challenge

Check out this cool sketch from Kreative Koncepts.  I have so many holiday photos to sketch that when I saw a 4-photo page I was immediately hooked!
I chose this set of photos taken from a day that we spent at a water hole in the forest. The older kids had a blast jumping from the river banks into the water.
I used the gorgeous 'Sandy toes' collection from Kaisercraft for my page as the colours were perfect for my watery theme. I layered assorted paper pieces on my background paper then I swiped white gesso across the lot to give a distressed, beach bleached look. I built up the texture using a stencil and texture paste, then inked and stamped over the whole page after the paste had thoroughly dried.


I added my photos, a title using 'thickers' and journaling strips to tell the story of our day.


I added little clusters of rub-ons, stickers and veneers to highlight my photos.


Thanks for visiting my blog - I hope that I have inspired you to try out this sketch and make a dent in that pile of 'to scrap' photos that I know you all have waiting for attention!

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh, yeah....tell me about that pile, LOL!! If I took NO MORE all year - I'd STILL have a pile to be scrapped! This one looks fabulous.... love how you turned the sketch....& it also looks a PILE of fun!!

Lizzyc said...

I love your take on the sketch and turning the sketch like that looks great.. love the film strip down the sides!! looks like fun in the photos! One way to cool off!!

Kimberly Kett said...

This is so cool! Love the layers!!

Blog Archive