Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Week 8 - Life Zesters



Project lifers out there have you discovered the challenge blog 'life zesters' ? It is a fun challenge site where you can share your pocket pages and enter them into great monthly challenges. This month the challenge is to 'use wood' on your spread.
I have lots of wooden embellishments and this was an excellent opportunity to crack into them. here is 'Week 8' of my 2015 album:



If you like clean, uncluttered project life LOs then mine are probably not your cup of tea. I tend to use as many photos as I can for my spreads and journal about all the little quirks and adventures that make up our day to day life. I don't spend too much time stressing over colour matching and finding the perfect embellishment because I know that when I look back on my albums it is the photos and journaling that I love to reminisce about. My PL albums are also a great place to use up those odds and ends that are too cute to throw away but which probably wouldn't get used on a traditional page.
Here are some close-ups of the wooden items that I used:





Hope you have time to head over to the Life Zester's blog and check out their challenges!

7 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I ADORE your PL.....it is just sooo you & a brill journal of the every day stuff!!! LOOOVE that Benji now has his own room:):) the wood bits like great, too:):)

Lizzyc said...

It is good there is a challenge site for Pl and your pages are chock full of wonderful moments and memories!

Melinda Sweetman said...

I love that like me you love to share the stories behind the photos!! Love your pages! Thanks for playing along with Life Zesters February Challenge!

Rikki Graziani said...

WOW!!! Loving all your info and photos. thank you for playing along with Life Zesters

Karyn S said...

wowee, awesome pages! I love all the detail and embellies you have used. great style! thanks for joining us at Life Zesters :)

michelle said...

What a fabulously busy life you have! Great stories recorded here. Thanks for joining Life Zesters.

Michelle said...

WOW! Love all the memories you have shared with us!
Thanks for sharing with us at Life Zesters :)

Blog Archive