Friday, February 27, 2015

You Make my heart Sing - Stuck? Feb challenge



Loved this sketch from 'Stuck? sketches' and couldn't resist giving it a go! I was on the 'Stuck' design team for a couple of years and when I stepped down earlier this year (because of family comitments) I really missed Lauras awesome challenges!
I flipped this sketch to match the orientation of my photo. It is just a happy snap taken on our summer holiday in Omapere a few weeks ago but I really love it. I 'went to town' inking, spraying and stamping my background before layering on my papers and embellishments. I kept the colours light and bright to match the mood of the picture.


I used a mixture of stickers and 'thickers' for my title - I really love these black 'brush stroke' thickers from American Craft. They make each title a feature of the page and seem to match most layout styles.
'

Have a great weekend - thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

5 comments:

Joefil said...

Awesome page Sarah! love all the details! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Lizzyc said...

Lovely photo, and fabulous layout..

Lizzy Hill said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the bright colours & that photo is a beauty!!! Really LOVLEY...hope your girl is doing ok & that someone else managed to put her bike together!!!!

Unknown said...

Truly incredible as always Sara! So nice to see one of your creations back at Stuck?!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! I just love that mixed media background! Such a sweet pic, and those layers... swoon! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Stuck?! Sketches!

Blog Archive