Saturday, March 24, 2012

Filled with Wonder


I have had these photos in my 'to scrap' pile since we got home from Fiji last year. I love the look of absolute wonder on Benjis face as he looks at the little lizard scampering around the security light. The colour combo at 'Color Combo Galore' was perfect for the darker colours of the photos. I often struggle scrap dark photos because my preference seems to be brighter papers and embellishments.
The journaling prompt was to write about your children and why they are incredible! Well, I think that the day to day way that my kids are there for each other and the love that they show each other in little ways is pretty special. On this occasion Natalie noticed that her little brother would dearly love to get closer to the lizard but was too scared of it to go by himself, so, even though she herself detests creepy crawlies she piggy backed him closer. I was an only child so I never had this relationship with a sibling and I really wish that I could have experienced it.
Anyway, enough rambling...
I love the new MME collections and they co-ordinate so well with the new 'Prima' wooden buttons, tickets and clocks (which I cant get enough of). The little scrapware chipboard lizard was the perfect finishing touch. I have to confess that I did something that I have never done before to get it. I removed it from a previous LO that I made of Adams trip to Singapore zoo and repainted it to match this page. (I substituted a frog on the zoo page lol). I wasn't sure about the large butterfly at first (I cut it from an older sheet of Bo Bunny paper), but in the end I stuck it down and I think that it does add a little something extra to the page.

5 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Hey Sara! Ooooh, that's so sad...you being an only....I had 1 bro, but [stll] would dearly have loved a sister at least!!! Anyway,you made up for that with your own family. I'm sure some psychoanalyst would have a field day with that!!!:):) Butterfly looks great... think you needed something well sized there & v brave to admit to the lizard...but hard to have a lizard page without one!!! LOVE how you've used the blues to sort of counter the darkness & isn't B LUCKY to have such a GOOOD sis??:):)

Bente Fagerberg said...

Wow .this is gorgeous again,Sarah. I love how you managed to get the light so good on this page. The stampin(?)on the right side of your base paperand the use of colour creates just the right atmosphere for these cute photos. It is so wonderful to have a sister like that.
We were five siblings at home and never a dull moment. I have my three girls and they are good at taking care of eachother. Thanks for supporting CCG and I hope you have a good week end!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Totally awesome!!! Love the colours!!! :D

Kelly said...

It's darling! The love between siblings is so special, thanks for sharing your page, and playing along with us at Color Combos Galore :)

scrapping4me said...

Nice butterfly and such a cool element of the gecko! The stitching on the page is well done!

Blog Archive