Friday, March 23, 2012

I Miss your baby Days!


The current challenge at Once Upon a Sketch is to combine their sketch with journalling about something or someone that you miss. Whenever I look at photos of my kids as babys I always feel a little sad because I really miss that fleeting newborn time. I chose this photo of Benji at 2 months of age in Natalies arms because it is one of my favourites. I remember how she would carry him around for hours at a time and he would quite happily snuggle against her chest. At three he still loves to snuggle and to be carried but he is  little heavier and a lot more squirmy!
The papers that I used are a combination of OA 'Farmhouse' and 'Sassparilla' which just goes to show how versatile these collections are. The big doily is actually a sheet of creamy/green laser-cut Kaisercraft paper which I turned upside down and used the plain white back. I used muslin and a little spray ink to soften the whiteness of the circle around the photo. The wooden clock and button are Prima and my brads MME. The journaling is tucked behind the photo on a Tim Holtz journaling card. It says:
Is it wrong of me to miss your babyhood and feel a little sad when I look at photos like this? You were about two months old when this photo was taken. You loved to be snuggled and Natalie was more than happy to carry you around. Right now you have just turned three and I found out this afternoon that you will be able to start Afternoon Kindy next term. You are loving, adorable and a little bit cheeky. You are totally adored - but please SLOW DOWN and don't grow up too quickly xx

7 comments:

Bente Fagerberg said...

I can so relate to the feeling of missing the 'babyhood-days'...
I love the smell of those little darlings and I could gaze into those baby blues for ages,...
Now my baby is 11 and that is great too. I love your pretty page, and how clever to use the reverse of the KC paper like that.Your distressing of the layers looks beautiful. Thanks so much for your ongoing support of OUAS. I feel so inpired by your layout!

Unknown said...

This is so special, and adorable, Sara!! As always, love your beautiful layering.

Georgia Heald said...

Stunning page and what an adorable photo! They grew so quickly don't they! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

Jasmine S said...

What a sweet sweet photo. I love your circle doily is it? Gorgeous work and yes, I too miss my baby days. Thanks for joining us at Once Upon A Sketch.

Tania B said...

I love your take on the sketch sarah, and what about that gorgeous photo. look at that beautiful little bub, yes, it makes me go all gooey inside, and I get a little frustrated at sometimes not being able to remember my kids at this stage.

Natalie Elphinstone said...

That's such a beautiful page, both in it's design and the journaling. Love the big doily paper. Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS.

Ella Swan said...

What an adorable layout! Thanks so much for playing along at Once Upon a Sketch!!

Blog Archive