Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kaiser clock



I was lucky enough to get one of the gorgeous Kaiser Craft clocks to decorate for NZ Scrapbook this month. I chose a 'family' theme and selected candid photos of the kids arranged so that they appeared to be looking 'into' the clock. I converted the photos to black and white and added a slight blue tint in photoshop before printing them at 6 by 6 cm size.I painted the clock with 'turquoise' Kaiser paint and lined the back with co-ordinating blue spotted Kaiser paper. I arranged my photos and decorated the remaining frames with contrasting patterned paper or flowers. I added a quote decorated with Kaiser rub-ons. Finally I added my title "family time" and the clock numbers using gold American Craft "Thickers". I really love the result and am having a hard time parting with it (it will have to go on display in the shop).These clocks are so easy to make and you can totally change the look according to what papers and embellishments you choose to match any decor. I may just get another one to decorate for myself. Natalie really wants to make a dance themed one for her room.

Adam came home from school beaming from ear to ear yesterday. He had got 95% for his art exam and is top in third form. He really is an amazing artist so i'm not surprised but it was heart warming to see his delight and pride. Jaime also did very well in most of his exams - his best was 84% for English. Chris did no work at all hardly and managed to do OK. Just imagine what he could achieve if he worked!

No comments:

Blog Archive